About the Blog
ELSR is a student-run and peer reviewed blog. The blog was founded by students of various National Law Universities and is professionally backed by legal as well as non-legal luminaries like Professor Venkat Rao, Professor RK Bhatnagar, Mr Sumeet Malik (Director EBC and SCCOnLine) Senior Advocate NL Rajah and Ruchi Pant (Head- Natural Resource Management and Biodiversity, UNDP) amongst others. We here at ELS Review focus on inter-disciplinary discovery and dissection of law. We attempt to escape from the four walls of the statutes and synthesise thoughts and ideas from other disciplines so as to link them with law.
Law cannot be understood in pure isolation and it is bound to intersect with disciplines like economics, philosophy, politics and sociology, for law is not what is drafted by the legislatures and crafted by the judges; it is something everyone including you and we interacts with, on a daily basis.
We strive to bring forth academically excellent content across various fields of Law and Social Sciences which includes Economics, History, Politics among others.
About the Position
ELSR is hiring Associate Editors (AE) for the academic year 2020-21 (ending in April 2021). The tasks shall include:
- First stage of review of the submissions.
- Manual line by line plagiarism check.
- Transcribing ELS Discourse interviews.
- Communicational responsibilities
- Other tasks depending on new initiatives of the blog.
Supplementary tasks might include assisting the Technical Editor, thus, applicants who have knowledge/experience of editing videos and making brochures will be given preference.
- Under graduate law students in their second year or above can apply.
- Students from other streams having inclination towards socio-legal aspect or interdisciplinary study can also apply.
- Writing/Editorial experience is preferable, if such is not present please attach a writing sample (preferably 800-1200 words).
How to Apply:
Interested students can send in their applications at: email@example.com along with their CV by 20th September 2020. Applicants with prior experience may also attach a writing sample.
Shortlisted candidates will have an interview with select members of the board.
Decision of the board will be final.